AllOne Health Offers Programs to Support Your Patients
Your patients have access to a unique, state-of-the-art program that helps them better manage chronic conditions and take control of their health, with personalized education and telephonic support from health care professionals.
AllOne Health is different from traditional utilization management programs that focus solely on the 20% of health care users who account for 80% of health care costs. Instead, AllOne Health uses advanced predictive modeling to identify members who may be at high risk, and helps them before they become high cost.
This 'proactive' versus 'reactive' approach is the key to better health for patients, and for controlling rising health care premiums. AllOne Health offers resources that help patients take action and accountability for their health, and supports the care that you provide for the healthiest outcomes.
AllOne Health Wellness Programs
AllOne Health offers a series of disease management, case management and lifestyle management programs that are confidential and available to eligible members at no additional cost. Programs available to support the care you provide to your patients include: asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, depression, heart failure, maternity care, tobacco cessation, weight management, case management programs for catastrophic cases and for transition of care and intermediate care, and lifestyle management. You can call 1-866-430-2551, weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST. for more information and encourage your patients with access to AllOne Health services to use our valuable programs and resources that would benefit them.
Once enrolled, a program participant will receive the following program benefits:
- Telephonic contact with Health Coaches, who are specially trained health care professionals
- Information regarding evidenced-based treatments
- Educational mailings regarding his/her condition and management of his/her disease
- Coordination of care with his/her physician, as necessary
- Scheduled calls from program staff based on assessed risk level
Each program is staffed with registered nurses, dietitians or exercise physiologists specializing in that area of care, who are available weekdays, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST.
At AllOne Health we work with providers to ensure that members of our health and wellness programs have the best coordinated experience for their better health. We refer to the following National Guidelines for Chronic Programs as the standards to follow.
Cardiovascular Disease Guidelines
- AHA/ACCF Secondary Prevention and Risk Reduction Therapy for Patients with Coronary and Other Atherosclerotic Vascular Disease: 2011 Update; A Guideline from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology Foundation American Heart Association
- 2011 ACCF/AHA Focused Update of the Guideline for the Management of Patients with Peripheral Artery Disease (Updating the 2005 Guideline); A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines American Heart Association
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure in Adults; National Heart Lung and Blood Institute – JNC7